Green Chile Pineapple Margaritas
This recipe was developed and featured on Fare Isle. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Chef’s Tip: Unused margarita mix will keep for 1 week sealed in an airtight container and refrigerated. For a non-alchoholic beverage replace tequila with an equal amount of flavored seltzer water (pineapple, lime or orange for example) and orange liqueur with orange juice. Infuse the green chiles into the lime juice instead.
- 4 oz can Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Crushed ice
- Margarita Salt:
- 1 tbs flaky sea
- 1 tbs organic sugar
- 1 lime, finely grated zest
- Rio Luna Jalapeño Slices
- Lime wedges
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Pour tequila into a pint-sized jar or glass and add the Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight to infuse the flavor of the green chiles into the tequila.
- Strain the tequila into a pitcher and add the pineapple and lime juices and orange liqueur. Stir everything together.
- Combine the margarita salt ingredients together in a small bowl and spread onto a small plate.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each margarita glass then dip each glass into the prepared margarita salt to coat the rims.
- Fill each glass with crushed ice and fill with the finished margarita mix.
- Garnish with Rio Luna Jalapeño Slices, tiny lime wedges and pineapple chunks on toothpicks.
- Serve and enjoy right away.