Strawberry Jalapeño Wings
Makes: 24 chicken wings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
- 24 chicken wings
- Rio Luna Strawberry Jalapeño BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup white onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 oz strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Rio Luna Jalapeño Honey Cilantro Cream Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Add Rio Luna Jalapeños, strawberry jam, cider vinegar, chili powder, brown sugar, strawberries, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes until sauce is thickened. Allow to cool and then purée in blender. Set aside.
- For dipping sauce, in a small bowl combine sour cream, honey, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeños. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a lined baking sheet lay out wings. Bake for 40 minutes until crisp.
- Add wings to large bowl with 1/2 of Rio Luna Strawberry Jalapeño BBQ Sauce and toss well.
- Serve with additional sauce and Rio Luna Jalapeño Honey Cilantro Dipping Sauce.