Makes: 8 servings
- 2 tbs Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tbs Rio Luna Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbs milk
- 1 tbs butter
- ½ cup breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup queso fresco or cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs salsa or enchilada sauce
- Chives or scallions, for garnish
- Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- 8 tortillas or large lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk well. The more air you can introduce into the mix, the fluffier your scrambled eggs! You can even give them a quick spin with an immersion blender.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- When melted, add eggs and stir to scramble. Remove from heat while eggs still look wet to ensure they do not overcook.
- Build your breakfast tacos by evenly dividing scrambled eggs onto tortillas or lettuce. Top with crumbled sausage, cheese, green chiles, jalapenos and salsa. Add any other additional toppings you enjoy.
- Garnish with chives, green onions, large flaky salt and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe was developed by Savory Experiments. The original blog post can be read here.
Alternately, you can make these as a breakfast bowl with no tortillas or lettuce.
The best lettuce for low carb breakfast tacos is Bibb lettuce, sometimes also labeled at Butter lettuce. Romaine hearts are also a good substitution.