Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (smoked Spanish style or you can substitute regular paprika)
- 1 heaping teaspoon mustard (dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 finely chopped Rio Luna jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons sherry (fino or amontillado)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Stuff the mixture loosely -- do not pack it -- into crab shells, or if you don't have them,
single-serving ramekins. You could also simply use a casserole dish, too.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then serve hot with a fruity white wine such as an off-dry Riesling or a Gewurztraminer.
Thanks for the inspiration The Spruce Eats