Grilled Veggie Skewers with Smoky Green Chile Vinaigrette
This recipe was developed and featured on Hola Jalapeños. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- For the skewers:
- 1 large red onion
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 Chinese eggplant
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Green Chile Vinaigrette:
- 1 (4-ounce) can Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- If you are using wooden skewers, submerge them in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Peel and half the onion, then cut into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1-inch thick slices.
- Seed and core the peppers and cut into slices the same size as the onion.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini, squash, and eggplant, and slice into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a paper towel and cut in half if large.
- Toss all vegetables in a large bowl. Toss with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then skewer onto the soaked wooden or metal skewers. Depending on the size of your skewers you should have 10-12 skewers total.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Slowly stir in olive oil until well combined.
- Grill skewers over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and spoon vinaigrette over the skewers. Serve with extra vinaigrette on the side.