Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 jar Rio Luna™ Organic Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 whole red bell pepper
- 1 whole green bell pepper
- 1 whole Spanish onion
- 1 jar Rio Luna™ Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 4-10 in flour tortillas
- 6 oz grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 whole lime, quartered
- Take the skirt steak, place half of the enchilada sauce on it, and place in a bag or container with lid. Allow to marinade for minimum 30 min to 24 hrs.
- Julienne cut the bell peppers and onion. In a pan, add 2 oz of oil and heat to a high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Keep your onions separate and add your bell peppers to the oil. Cook for 3 minutes at a high heat and season with salt to taste. Add the bell peppers with the onions and mix in the pickled jalapenos.
- Set your cast iron to a high heat and add 2 oz of oil. Season the skirt steak with salt to taste. Add the steak to the cast iron, cook for 3-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the cut and desired temperature.
- While the steak is cooking, take the flour tortillas and in a skillet add 2 oz of oil little by little as you begin to warm up the tortillas.
- When ready to serve, take your tortilla and place it on a plate. Next slice your skirt steak “fajita” style, spoon over some of the Rio Luna green enchilada salsa, and place the peppers and onions over it. Squeeze a quarter of a lime per taco, enjoy!