Makes: 2 cakes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles (or any other Rio Luna Organic pepper)
- 2.5 oz chocolate
- Chocolate Cake
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles puree (optional)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Rinse the Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream and the diced green chiles together until the mixture starts to bubble at the edges. Simmer for about 3 - 4 minutes. Strain the mixture in a fine mesh strainer, pressing against the diced green chiles.
- Add the chocolate into the heavy cream and chill in the refrigerator until hardened.
- Grease two 6 - 8 oz ramekins and dust with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, and the diced green chiles. Whisk well for about 2 minutes. Stir in the flour.
- Evenly divide the batter among the ramekins, then roll a heaping tablespoon of ganache into a ball and place in the batter until it is fully covered.
- Microwave one ramekin for 1 minute and 15 seconds, or two for 2 minutes. Allow to sit for a minute, then carefully turn out onto a plate (be careful as the ramekin will still be hot).
This recipe was developed and featured on A Cookie Named Desire. The original blog post can be read here.
To purée the peppers, mash with a fork.