Fried Chicken and Roasted Corn Green Chile Waffles
Makes: 8 waffles
Prep Time: 25 min.
Cook Time: 12 min.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup roasted corn
- 1/2 cup Rio Luna Organics Diced Green Chile
- 6 pieces bread chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs bourbon
- 2 tbs Rio Luna Organics Hot and Sweet Jalapeños
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, whole milk, canola oil and vanilla extract
- Add wet mix to dry mix, roasted corn and Rio Luna Organics Diced Green Chile.
- Heat a waffle iron and grease with pan spray. Add 1/3 cup of waffle mix and let cook until golden brown.
- While waffles are cooking, follow instructions on package for cooking breaded chicken tenders.
- In a small sauté pan, combine together maple syrup, bourbon and Rio Luna Organics Hot and Sweet Jalapeños. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble waffles take one corner piece of the waffle, add one piece of chicken tenders, and drizzle with 1 tbs of bourbon maple syrup. Then top with another corner piece of the waffle and finish with the remaining bourbon maple syrup and a sprinkle of powder sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!