Frozen Watermelon Chile Vodka Limeade
This recipe was developed and featured on Fare Isle. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 2 hours
Chef’s Tip: To make fresh watermelon juice, scoop out fresh watermelon chunks into a blender and puree on high until smooth. Pour juice through a strainer into a large bowl. Then transfer juice to a pitcher or large jar. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to use, up to 2 days.
- 16 fl. oz. (2 cups) watermelon juice
- 8 fl. oz. (1 cup) vodka
- 4 fl. oz. (1/2 cup) green chile simple syrup
- 2 fl. oz. (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- Watermelon and lime slices for garnish
- Freeze watermelon juice ahead of time in ice cube trays until solid, 2 hours or overnight.
- Add frozen watermelon juice cubes, vodka, green chile simple syrup and lime juice to a blender and blend on high until a mixture is slushy.
- Pour into chilled glasses, garnish with watermelon and lime slices and serve right away.