Hot Pepper Socca Flatbread (Nacho-style)
This recipe was developed and featured on Eating By Elaine. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 8 slices
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Chef’s tip: For the perfect cheese drizzle you can put the cheese sauce into the corner of a plastic bag and cut a tiny hole in the corner. Squeeze the bag gently to pipe the cheese sauce through the hole in the corner of the bag.
- 1 socca flatbread
- 1 batch of black bean dip
- 1 batch of queso cheese
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized on thinnest noodle setting of a spiralizer
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 green onions, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced (or guacamole)
- 1/4 cup fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced (or salsa)
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers (from a jar), diced
- 12 Rio Luna Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeño Peppers, drained
- Prepare the socca flatbread, black bean dip and queso/cheese sauce.
- On your stovetop in a medium sized pan, saute the sweet potato noodles with olive oil, salt and chili powder until fork tender. About 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble your flatbread. Spread the warmed black bean dip on the flatbread like you would pizza sauce (about ½ inch from the edge). Top with the sweet potato noodles (distribute evenly). Top with green onions, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, roasted red peppers and jalapeños.
- Drizzle or spoon the cheese sauce over the entire flatbread, to taste.
- Use a knife to carefully cut into 8 flatbread slices. Enjoy immediately.