Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 1 jar Rio Luna™ Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place the cast iron inside the oven.
- Drain the Rio Luna jalapeños and rough chop them. In a bowl, mix your dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking soda, sea salt) evenly. In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, and sour cream.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients by slowly mixing it all together. Lastly fold in the cheese, corn kernels, melted butter and chopped jalapeños.
- Once the oven has preheated, take the preheated cast iron and pour in your cornbread mixture. Place back in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until golden brown and a skewer or toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow cornbread to rest for 15-20 minutes when it comes out of the oven before serving.