Pickled Chile Watermelon Salad
This recipe was developed and featured on Peaches to Pearls. The original blog post can be read here.
- Pickled Green Chiles:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 8 oz Rio Luna Green Chiles
- 1/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups watermelon, balled or diced
- 3 cups arugula
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 6 oz cheese, Feta or Romano
- Pickled Green Chiles: Bring the vinegars and sugar to a rolling boil. Pour brine over chiles in mason jar. Store in the fridge.
- Dressing: Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, honey and salt. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. Store in the fridge.
- Place the arugula, spinach, watermelon, cheese, and pickled chiles in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.