Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs 10 mins
- Quick Candied Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- Basil Mojito
- 5-10 basil leaves
- Candied jalapeño slices, for garnish
- 4 oz rum (optional)
- 2 oz jalapeño infused simple syrup
- 2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz soda water
- Quick Candied Jalapeños: Mix the brown sugar and water in a heavy pan over low heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Strain the jalapeño slices from their liquid. Let sit in a strainer for 15 minutes, shaking every now and then to remove any drained liquid.
- Toss the jalapeños in a bowl with just enough simple syrup to coat, 3 to 4 tablespoons.
- Arrange on a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours, or until crisp, flipping once.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place back in the original jar with enough simple syrup to cover.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Basil Mojito: In 2 glasses, muddle a few basil leaves and slices of simple syrup infused jalapeños in the bottom of a tall highball glass.
- Add ice.
- Add the rum, jalapeño-infused simple syrup and lime juice.
- Stir to mix.
- Top the glass with soda water.
- Garnish with more jalapeño slices, sprigs of basil and a lime wedge.
- Serve cold and enjoy.
This recipe was developed and featured on Pass the Sushi. The original blog post can be read here.