Makes: 4 servings, 2 burritos each
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-¼ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onions
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 can (4 ounces) RIO LUNA™ Organic Diced Jalapeños, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried black beans
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) RIO LUNA™ Organic Diced Green Chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic paste
- 8 burrito-size whole-wheat tortillas (12 inch)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese or Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with 2 teaspoons salt. Heat oil in large deep skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 min. on each side. Add celery, onions and carrots. Cook and stir 1 min. Add broth and bay leaves; cover tightly with lid or foil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan; discard liquid and vegetables. Shred chicken with fingers or 2 forks; set aside.
- Combine jalapenos and beans in bowl; set aside.
- Process cream, green chiles, garlic and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in small food processor or blender until smooth.
- Spoon some of the bean mixture, shredded chicken and about 2 tablespoons cheese down centers of tortillas; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in greased 11x9-inch baking dish. Top with chile cream sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 min. or until cheese is melted and burritos are crisp on edges.
To save time, omit baking the chicken thighs and substitute the white and dark meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken.