Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 60 min
- 2 jars Rio Luna™ Organic Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups canned black beans
- 3 qts chicken broth, no sodium
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp Monterrey jack cheese
- 4 oz tortilla chips
- 4 whole tortillas
- Minced cilantro, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F for the tortilla strips. Take the 4 tortillas and julienne cut (about ¼ inch by 2 inches), and toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt to taste. Place tortilla strips on a sheet tray and put into the oven for 8 minutes.
- Shred rotisserie chicken and discard any skin or cartilage. Place the red enchilada sauce in a large pot, and add your chicken, salt, and 2 quarts of the chicken broth.
- Place the other quart of chicken broth in your blender with the tortilla chips. Blend until fully blended.
- Pour the stock/tortilla chip mixture into the pot with the chicken and chicken broth mixture. Turn the burner to a medium heat and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- At the 30 minute mark, add your black beans and corn, and allow to all simmer for another 30 minutes. Make sure you stir and check the bottom of the pot since it may scorch if not careful due to the tortilla chips that were blended.
- Using a ladle, serve the chicken tortilla soup in a bowl, and add diced avocado, cheese, sour cream, cilantro and tortilla strips.