Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon taco spice mix
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar, divided
- 1 7 oz can of Rio Luna Large Chopped Green Chiles, liquid drained
- 2 tablespoons queso fresco or cotija cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Heat the butter in a 6-inch broiler-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and taco spice, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook, whisking constantly, until the cream cheese is melted in.
- Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of shredded white cheddar a handful at a time, reserving 1/2 cup for topping.
- Once the cheddar is mixed in and the cheese mixture is smooth, turn off the heat, stir in the green chiles, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and the queso fresco on top.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and browned slightly.
- Sprinkle on the scallion and serve.
This recipe was developed and featured on An Edible Mosaic. The original blog post can be read here.