Makes: 4 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup Rio Luna™ Organic Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups water or stock of choice
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Minced cilantro for garnish
- In a pot, place the oil, and turn your burner to a medium heat. Add the rice and coat with the oil until it starts to look translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add your enchilada sauce and water or stock. Stir with a wooden spoon and add the salt.
- Cover with a lid and keep at a medium low heat for 14 minutes. The last 6 minutes lower heat all the way to low. Allow the rice to sit for 5 minutes with the heat off and covered.
- Remove the lid from the pot, add your minced cilantro and fluff with a fork. Serve next to your favorite protein such as salmon, chicken, shrimp or veggies.