Makes: 20-25 coaster-sized cheese chips
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10-12 mins
- 1 jar Rio Luna Organic Peppers Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 16 oz cheddar cheese, preferably in one big piece, to grate later
- Your favorite salsa or guacamole to serve with
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Grate cheddar to obtain medium-sized cheese strands. Add this in cookie-sized clumps to the baking tray. Keep in mind that as the cheese melts and flattens, it will spread out. For this reason, don’t put the cheese clumps too close to one another, so as to prevent them from fusing together and making giant cheese chips!
- Add a couple of Rio Luna’s Nacho Sliced Jalapeños on top of the cheese (pat them dry a bit before adding) and bake each tray for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese chips golden. Be careful not to underbake (or else our cheese won’t acquire a crispy consistency). Likewise, don’t overbake to the point where all the cheese’s moisture is lost and you burn the crisps! Just keep an eye on the process!
- Allow the cheese chips to cool for at least 10 minutes. This will solidify the crisps for good and give them that sturdy, crunchy texture we’re going for. You may or may not pat the extra oil on top if you’d like.
This recipe was developed and featured on La Cooquette. The original blog post can be read here.