Makes: 10-12 servings
Prep Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 1 hr
- 2 8oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 3 tbs taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Bottom Layer:
Make a simple guacamole mashing the avocados, folding in lime juice, and adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Creamy Layer:
Mix the cream cheese with the sour cream. Spice things up with garlic powder and taco seasoning. Mix well until you obtain a homogenous cream.
- Putting together dip:
In a bowl, place the guacamole first, and then layer the seasoned cheese cream on top carefully, so the two parts remain separate.
- To top things off, add the shredded fresh lettuce for a layer of crunchy freshness, the diced onions, a coat of cheddar cheese (you may also use Monterrey and Mexican blend), the black beans, and the cherry tomatoes.
- Add Rio Luna Diced Jalapeños to provide a spicy kick.
This recipe was developed and featured on La Cooquette. The original blog post can be read here.