Blueberry Jalapeño Ice Cream Piewiches
Makes: 8 sandwiches
- 2 rolls of pie crust
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 Rio Luna Hot and Spicy Jalapeños
- Preheat the oven according to package directions for the pie crust.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut the pie crust into 3 inch circles and place on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Bake pie crust according to package directions.
- Leave vanilla ice cream out until it softens.
- In a large pot, combine together Rio Luna Hot and Spicy Jalapeños and blueberries over medium heat. Cook the blueberries until they have burst and released their juices. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, mix the blueberry jalapeños mixture into the mix cream. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop one scoop of ice cream onto one piece of pie crust. Top with another piece of pie crust and push down slightly.
- Wrap each sandwich in saran wrap and put in freezer until hardened.
- Serve and enjoy!