Breakfast Scones with Jalapeño-Honey Butter
Makes: 8 scones
Prep Time: 25 min.
Cook Time: 12 min.
Chef’s Tip: Scones can be made ahead of time. Cool completely then freeze in resealable freezer bag up to two weeks. When ready to serve, place frozen scones on baking sheet. Reheat in 350°F oven or toaster oven 4-6 min. or until warm.
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (4 oz.) cold butter, cut up
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- Jalapeño-Honey Butter:
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons Rio Luna™ Organic Diced Jalapeños, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Scones: Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Cut in butter using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk; stir with fork until flour mixture is moistened and clings together. Shape dough into ½-inch-thick disc. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Mix egg with a few drops of water; brush onto each scone. Arrange scones spaced apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Jalapeño-Honey Butter: Mix ingredients until well blended. Serve with scones.