Jalapeño-Pineapple Salsa on Mini Hot Dogs
This recipe was developed and featured on Savory Experiments. The original blog post can be read here.
Makes: 24 mini hot dogs
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- 2 tbs Rio Luna Organic Diced Jalapeños
- 2 tbs Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 tbs red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tbs red onion, minced
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 12 dinner rolls
- 24 all-beef mini franks
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Rio Luna Diced Jalapeño and Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles with chopped pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, lime juice, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Using a bread knife, cut each dinner roll in half right down the center. Cut slits in both halves to create a mini hot dog bun. You can pinch the halves together to make them more slender, if you like.
- Heat mini beef franks in a small sauce pan over medium heat with a splash of water or natural juices.
- Place one mini frank in each mini hot dog roll.
- Top with a spoonful of Jalapeño-Pineapple Salsa followed by crumbed cotija cheese and cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Serve while hot or room temperature.