Jamaican Jerk Chicken Walking Taco
Makes: 6 Walking Tacos
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 tbs Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 3 limes, zest and juice
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Rio Luna Organics Diced Green Chile
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs Rio Luna Organics Hot and Sweet Jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 tbs sriracha
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 6 individual bags Dorito Chile Lime or Fritos
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together chicken thighs, Jamaican jerk seasoning, lime zest and juice. Let marinade for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together pineapple, red onion, Rio Luna Organics Diced Green Chile, cilantro, lime zest and juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, sriracha and Rio Luna Organics Hot and Sweet Jalapeños. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan with canola oil over high heat, add chicken thighs and cook until golden brown or the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from heat.
- While chicken is still hot, use two forks and shredded the chicken.
- To assemble one Walking Taco take one Dorito or Frito bag and crush slightly. Then add 2.5 ounces of meat, 2 tbs of pineapple salsa, 2 tbs diced avocado, 2 tbs shredded lettuce, 1 tbs of queso fresco and 1 ½ tbs jalapeños sriracha sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!