Steak Huevos Rancheros Skillets
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
Chef’s Tips: Serve with additional salsa and jalapeños on the side. Tortillas can also be wrapped in damp paper towel and heated in microwave 10-15 seconds.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef skirt steak, cut into 4 equal pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- ½ cup jarred roasted tomato salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) RIO LUNA™ Organic Diced Jalapeños
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place 4 small (6-inch) cast iron skillets in oven to preheat 10 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 min. on each side or to desired doneness. Remove from pan. Let rest 5 min.
- Wipe out pan. Return to medium heat and lightly brush with oil. Cook eggs until whites are set but yolks are still runny. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tortilla in bottom each preheated skillet. Slice steaks against the grain; place on top of tortillas in skillets. Top each with 2 tablespoons salsa, 2 tablespoons jalapeños, 1 fried egg, 1 tablespoon cheese and a sprinkle of cilantro.