Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Pineapple Pulled Pork with Jalapeño Ranch Slaw
Makes: 24 mini sliders
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 1.5 hours (Instant Pot) / 2.5 hours (stovetop)
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- 24 Rio Luna Jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder, large diced
- 4 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 2 tablespoons Mizkan apple cider vinegar
- Jalapeño Ranch Slaw
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Mizkan apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 2 oz Rio Luna Jalapeños, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- Heat Instant Pot for sauté and add oil (can be done in a dutch oven on the stove). Sear pork on all sides.
- For Instant Pot, add remaining ingredients and pressure seal. Cook on high for 1 hour 20 minutes until tender. Remove and pull pork. For stovetop, sear and add all ingredients and cook covered on low heat for approximately 2 hours 30 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- In the meantime, combine mayonnaise, Mizkan apple cider vinegar, ranch seasoning, Rio Luna Diced Jalapeños, cilantro and cole slaw mix. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. To assemble, cut Hawaiian rolls in half. Add approximately 1 oz of pork to each roll, top with 1 oz of slaw, add top and place on a lined sheet tray. Top each with 1 slice of jalapeño and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.