Makes: 12 sliders
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1 "sheet" of 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices turkey
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 can of Rio Luna diced green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons of Rio Luna canned diced jalapeños (or more, to taste), drained
- 8 tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 12 Rio Luna nacho sliced jalapeños, patted dry
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Cranberry preserves or raspberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or lightly spray a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Split rolls with a serrated knife, keeping them intact. Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish, and top with turkey, ham and sliced pepper jack cheese. Scatter diced green chiles and diced jalapeños evenly over the top. Place top half of rolls on top of sandwiches.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together melted butter and dijon. Add egg and whisk until completely combined and smooth. Pour mixture evenly over assembled sandwiches. Top each sandwich with a sliced jalapeño.
- Loosely tent baking dish with foil (it shouldn't be touching the sandwiches) and bake 20 mins. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 mins.
- Dust sandwiches evenly with powdered sugar. Serve hot, with a side of cranberry sauce (my personal fave!) or raspberry preserves, for dipping. Enjoy!
This recipe was developed and featured on the Pig and Quill. The original blog post can be read here.